Friday, July 1, 2011

A new half year

Yes it's 1st of July already. A new month, as well as the start of the second half of the year.

Time to take stock of the resolutions we made at the start of the year to see what we have achieved and whether we need to re-look what we want to do with ourselves for the rest of the year, before the year just whizzes by and before we know it, it's gone.

Well, here's the resolutions I made at the start of this year.

How have I fared?

On the exercise front, I think I have done fairly well.

On the stress front, I think I did pretty well, until my son triggered it on the first day of school in Term 3 when I had his teacher calling me telling me that he hadnt done his holiday homework. That resulted in a whole week of stress and headaches! Well, he has now cleared his backlog, and I hope I am back to normal!

On the patience and temper front, I think that hasnt been so bad the past six months, pretty pleased with how I behaved.

On the cooking and baking front, I did manage to do some of it, tried out a few recipes, and was also complimented when I gifted some cookies away... so I think I can pat myself on the back here too!

To maintain my cloth size, well, I can feel the clothes feel a little snug, but hey! still wearing the same size, so can I say I am on track?

And the last : to spend less time on the computer playing games? Well I managed to stay off it for 40 days during lent. BUT I am back to it again ... argh!! Guess must work harder here. I know I can do it if I want, but I turn to my games pretty often out of boredom as well as to de-stress. And if I am not distracting myself on these games, I could pretty much end up picking on the kids? So maybe it shouldnt have been on my resolution list at all!!

Came home this morning to an empty house. Just not used to it. I had the husband all to myself for three whole months in the mornings. It's good to come home to someone and have someone to spend time with. It's good to have someone to do my morning walks with. It's good to have someone do the errands with. It's good to have someone help me nag the kids. It's good to have someone help me with the ferrying of the kids in the afternoons. It's good to see the great family bonding during that three months. The house feels awfully quiet and empty this morning. Guess, this is what the empty nest syndrome is about! I miss my husband!!

So I guess I will be back to blogging more regularly again.

2 comments:

bp said...

I love how very organized you are, great job on your resolutions!

All the best in your hubby's new work, the children's second-half of the schoolyear and those crucial exams, and your own endeavours also for the rest of the year!

Richest blessings to you and your family!

And if games and blogging help you de-stress, these can only be a good thing, ;p. *extends pinkie for BBFF handshake*... looking forward to your posts always!

Michael LaPenna said...

half year resolutions, how novel! :O)

http://wheelchairphilosopher.blogspot.com