Monday, February 24, 2014

Zen

Yes, I'm feeling Zen. Trying to feel Zen may better describe it.

No, I'm not upset. Trying to be calm, not scream, and act C.O.O.L.

Yes, she's late again. And getting later, and later by the day.

We used to leave home at 6.45am in the morning for school.

But that hasn't been the case for quite a while.

In fact, for the whole of last week, it was more like 7am.

Today, it was 7.10am.

I must learn to let it go ... about leaving late.

No doubt she doesn't start until 7.40am.

But I hate rushing. I hate dealing with traffic, which gets really heavy after 7am. I hate it when she is just-on time, I like her to be a little bit early (Read: she can settle herself down before the mad day starts!)  And I hate paying toll charges which kick in from 7.30 am for the route I like to take on my way home. Which is the shortest route.

But I do not like to start the day screaming at her to wake up.  I hate to start the day shouting for her to move it.  I hate to start the day and week on the wrong foot.

So what do I do? I pretend to be unaffected that she is late. I am Zen!!


No comments: