Wednesday, February 20, 2013

To eat or not to eat

With Chinese New Year many of us tend to over-eat.

But lucky for me, I did not. In fact, I hardly snacked this CNY.

I have yet to have any kueh baulu (Very similar to madeleines in taste), love letters (or kueh kapit as it is known in Malaysia), and lots of other traditional goodies that normally appear during CNY.

Why? Because I am a afraid of putting on weight.

But did you notice that the less you eat, the more weight you gain?

When I was younger, I used to eat like "nobody's business", and yet I couldnt put on weight. In fact I was underweight then. My cousins on the other hand, ate very little, and were fat!! I probably ate 3 times what they did. Then I couldnt understand why the weight gain simply refused to materialise. I thought how unfortunate I was. How I used to wish then that I was fatter.

Now the tide has changed. I eat very little and still the waistline keeps increasing. For someone who has been underweight most of my life, I never thought I would see the day where I would wear clothes sized Large. *Cringe*

It's probably the slowing of my metabolic rate with age.

How I wish it wasn't. I wish I could go back to the days of eating and eating and yet remain slim. Some of us just can never be satisfied.

Well, I'm off to satisfy that hunger of mine, and indulge in those goodies I have yet to eat. And hopefully, the more I eat, the skinnier I will get!!

No comments: