Thursday, December 27, 2012

Aunty Killer

An aunty killer usually refers to a guy who is able to charm women much older than him.

The aunty killer that I met at the Christmas eve party last year struck again this year. And I tell you, he is no flash in the pan.

At last year's party, he offered to make my kueh pie tee for me, even though he could have just helped himself and left me to make my own. He stood there filling all those little cups with vegetables, and garnishing for everyone who came by. He can hold a proper conversation with almost anyone, but especially so with the auntys!!

This year, this aunty killer chose to play with 2 little girls age 3 and 5. For a young man of 16, he could have chosen to play TV games with the other teenage boys but he chose instead to entertain the little ones. I sat around observing him. He spoke to them in the sweetest voice you can expect from a 16 year-old boy. He was very patient with them, explaining and even demonstrating to them how to play the game even before starting the game. He had no problems in letting them win the game.

I tell you, this young man would be most sought after by most mums with daughters. And I am sure he will again charm me when I next meet him!

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

I've never heard of this term "Aunty Killer" before.