Friday, October 22, 2010

God works in his own time

Yes, we cant rush things, God works in his own time, and he has his plan all mapped out. Any praying, pleading, etc, wont change his timing of things.

But, I am the impatient sort. I want things done according to my schedule. I am at times a control freak. But God still doesnt work that way. He's probably testing me.

People have told me that sometimes we just have to "Seize the day", and "Just do it".

Should I? or should I not?

Is God waiting to see how I handle the situation? How far I will go?

Take things into my own hands and do it?

I dont know. Just praying for a sign to tell me the course of action I should be taking. I am now taking the "wait and see" decision.

Well, it's friday, and I know someone is expecting some joke from me. But how to marry it with what I have just written? I dont know. Anyway, I do know I saw a diamond necklace that I so want. So, I prayed and asked God for it. But I know God doesn't work that way. So should I be stealing one and ask for forgiveness?

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Stardust said...

Aye aye, the steal and ask for forgiveness ending works as a joke somehow. :P

Please do not be discouraged. I'm a control freak too, so I totally get you. God always MAKES me wait. Yet time and again, He didn't make me wait for nothing. I pray that you'll have peace in your heart as you keep this fervent candle, surely He makes everything beautiful in His time. Amen.

Luv ya for you, not just your jokes lah, hugggggs.

doc said...

it's ok to want something pretty. however, what God wants for you may not be what you desire.

in Mark 2, the 4 men who lowered the paralytic from the roof expected Jesus to cure his physical disability. instead, he forgave his sins 1st - a spiritual healing - before making him walk.

God always wants something better for all of us. we just need to wait for it.