Saturday, February 6, 2010

Scribble, scribble, scribble

Guess what?

Stardust gave me an award: Ta da ....




Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Oh wait - But was it for?

Let me check: Dictionary.com defines scribble as

scrib⋅ble  [skrib-uhl]

–verb (used with object)
1. to write hastily or carelessly: to scribble a letter.
2. to cover with meaningless writing or marks: to scribble all over a page.

–verb (used without object)
3. to write or draw in a hasty or careless way.
4. to make meaningless marks, scrolls, lines, etc., with a pencil, pen, or the like.

–noun
5. a note or other writing that has little or no meaning.
6. a hasty or careless drawing or piece of writing.
7. handwriting, esp. when illegible.




I admit I used to scribble a lot.

I remember that one of my teachers wrote in the comments column of my report book that my handwriting "can be improved!". (#7 above)

I also used to love to scribble all over my books (#2 above). The testimony of it was in my school textbooks. Little doodles, drawings, names, etc could be found around the pages.

But I have come a long way since, my handwriting is much nicer and neater, and I LOVE my books and no longer scribble on it unnecessarily. And I HATE it when my kids scribble in their books!


So she maybe she gave it to me for ... definition #5?


oh, no! Better give more thought to my posts!!


No la - she likes my "scribbles, shares and tickles".


Thanks to the "God-Blessed Box"!

2 comments:

Jo said...

hahaha.. when you've received an award, it does deserve in-depth analysis hor? haha

Stardust said...

Nod nod nodding... it's your scribbles, shares and tickles.

Hey, I'm a lot like you in #2! We should hug. =P