Monday, July 20, 2009

Elephant Memory

'An elephant never forgets' is a saying, so if a person has a memory like an elephant, he or she has a very good memory indeed.

Just earlier this month, a former school mate of mine found me on FB. We have not met for close to 30 years. We were from the same secondary school, but were from different classes. But were in the same class in JC.

Wont say that we were terribly close, but we were fairly good friends in JC.

After close to 30 years, she managed to track me down, and you know what? She remembered my birthday!! And when I enquired about her family, she told me that her mum still remembers me, and even where my dad used to work! And my friend even remembered my nephew's name and age!! Talk about having an elephant memory, and this elephantine memory seems to run in her family!!

Now, I feel under pressure to try and recall her birthday!! My woman's intuition tells me its coming up in August, but I am not 100% certain.

Do you have an elephant memory?? I definitely do not!!

4 comments:

Yan said...

I definitely do not have! But I have selective memory! If you remember, my ex premier has selective memory. So, seems a little political to use this term. Or may be, to put it nicer, my son's way - if you choose to remember, you will remember. He was talking about remember good things and delete the bad memories.

iml said...

You have elephant memory too. You remembered my daughter's b'day. It's how all the dates and names related/tied to incidents/coincindences. Not to worry, I 'm sure she's not out to test you.

Jo said...

my mum has an elephant memory! Sadly I do not take after her. :)

Stardust said...

I don't. =P

Hee... isn't it sweet to have someone to remember you that well. =)