Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Where is Love?

Yes! Where is it??

There are just so many things happening around that makes me wonder if Love has gone on holiday somewhere?? or just disappeared like the dodo bird!

There is just so much bloodshed, hatred, jealousy and greed all around. Why cant everyone just be happy with what they have, who they are and live and let live?

Even among "so-called" friends - why they cant just be happy for you just because your child has a certain capability or has done well? In front, they put up a false front, behind your back they gossip, pass snide remarks, etc. Little do they know that the world is so small that it always gets back to the ears of those whom it is not intended for.

Fighting amongst siblings ... we have seen so many cases of it. Brothers bringing each other to court to fight over their inheritances. Even in my family, my kids are fighting with each other over who got to play longer on the computer, who had the bigger piece of candy, and who shaped more cookies!! Why cant they be happy that they got to play on the computer, that they got to make cookies and they got to eat that candy!! Sometimes it makes me wonder if I should have given them those priviledges in the 1st place ... if not, then there would have been no fighting, right? (Actually, I dont think so . .. they would probably find something else to fight about!)

I have told my children many a times that they there is already too much fighting in the world, and the last thing we need is for it to happen at home. But do they listen? NO! But I guess, this is part of growing up! And many have told me that it is this fighting that sometimes bring them closer together. Boy! I really cant wait!

Let me share with you this verse taken from the bible: John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

and from 1 Corinthians 13

Love is patient; love is kind
and envies no one.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish, not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love.

--

We cant have everything in the world. Life is basically "NOT FAIR". So we just have to learn to be happy with what we have been given. Count your blessings. Being jealous and bitchy is not going to change anything. So please, just show a little LOVE. It will go a long way, and make it a bit more pleasant for those around us!

;)

5 comments:

iml said...

Love is right here inside us. If only we are willing to accept and stop being competitive and want/be the best. Then again, constantly, we are to strive and be the best.

stay-at-home mum said...

yes iml I agree. I think its ok to want to be the best but I just hope that people will realise that by being the best that they can be does not preclude others from being good too! It is not exclusive.

~Ling~ said...

Well said SAHM!

At times, I really wish and hope that my boss and colleagues could understand this simple logic! ARRGGGHHHH! Nah, Nah...notti me, I am judging them again. Sigh!

Perhaps it's the sickening corp. culture of "In order for me to look good, I have to make you look bad". The key thing for me to survive in this kind of environment, is to know how blessed I am to get to where I am and also to do onto others, what I want others to do onto me. Though it may not always be the case but I do encounter nice goody people and will count them as my blessings. =) Yes! Let's spread LOVE!

Stardust said...

I can't agree with you more SAHM, sick of peoples' jealousy & bitchy thinking sometimes. Urgh, shallow.

I'm shocked with Jade's comment of making ppl look bad to make oneself look good. It's truly sad.

Most of all, I really hope that Christians demonstate true love and peace in the image of Christ. Make love, not war!

bp said...

I know what you mean. And don't let what some people may think, do keep sharing your joys and blessings with all of us here, yah... I'm always inspired by you, SAHM, and how God works in your family and His blessings big and small on all your lives =)