Monday, June 9, 2008

They are so full of energy!!

Yes, my kids are so full of energy. This vacation, we are not travelling (as advised by the school) due to the amount of home work / revision that the school has planned for my oldest daughter. As a result, I have a hard time keeping them happily occupied with activities. And believe me, it is much harder when the age groups of my children are so far apart.

On saturday morning, we caught a movie - Kung Fu Panda, which the children totally enjoyed. Then we headed off to lunch. After lunch, we came home for little D to take her nap. Whilst she was taking nap, the older 2 took turns solving chess puzzles on the computer.

When Little D woke from her nap, hubby brought the 3 kids swimming. After their swim, they came home for a game of soccer. Then it was bath and dinner.

After dinner, you want to know what they said? They said: "So boring, nothing to do!"

I was like: "What??!? We have had a full day of activities, and you are complaining about not having anything to do??"

Tell me, what else should I be doing with them?? After a full day of activities, I am totally tired out, and they still want more? Can we all just have some quiet time and do absolutely nothing? Also, honestly, there isnt much else to do in Singapore, especially at night!!

4 comments:

TripleJin said...

What?? I thought it's even worse at night in Australia!

I heard that when kids say they're bored..they really need to sleep..

hahahaha..if they did sleep..u'd defintely have a goooooood rest!

mott

bp said...

Hahaha! I feel the same way as you... after a full day of activities, I am totally tired out, but somehow just not the kids! And they aren't even ready to hit the sack!

Did D like Kung Fu Panda? Ben still fidgets a lot, doesn't sit v well through a whole movie. So still easier for us to watch DVDs at home, and our library here has a good enough selection. Maybe you can have "movie nights" now and then at home also... and have popcorn to go along? =)

stay-at-home mum said...

hey Mott, I thought the kids in Aussie land all go to bed by 7.30pm? So there should be no need to even have kids entertainment at night!! Yeah! IF ONLY my kids would go to bed early. Even when they are all tired and yamning- they refuse to go to bed.

Hi bp,
Yes little D enjoyed Kungfu Panda! She was a little bored half way thru, but not really fidgety. She jsut kept asking me - when is the movie going to end. But no problem actually. Guess thats the diff between boys and girls.

Bkworm said...

The school hols. just finished over here but the two weeks were just too short! Now that I am working, I didn't get to spend much time with my girl (though I could still do it in the afternoon but it's not the same like being able to go out early in the morning and paint the town red together. Sigh).