Saturday, May 31, 2008

Marizipan Babies

The woman who made these is definitely talented......



These babies are made of cake frosting


Thought you would be as fascinated as I was with it.


They are all made with marzipan...really unbelievable!


Every detail is amazing, and they look so real.

Marzipan is Almond paste: a sweet paste made of ground almonds and sugar, often with egg whites or yolks, used as a layer in cakes or molded into ornamental shapes.


But who could take a bite? Not me for sure!!

9 comments:

Bkworm said...

oooooh, they are so cute yet so disgusting. can't imagine making something so adorable but edible? ewww....

Shelly said...

They are sooooo cute! And intricately done, I must say. They even have tiny little *ahem* penises.

Makes me feel like having another baby right now.... :p

JK said...

Me either, couldn't imagine myself taking a bite. They are so real and so lovely.

bp said...

O boy, these look so real, and you're right, see but no touch! More like a masterpiece, yah?

SAHM, you have a great week ahead now =)... it's school hols for you? The kids must be keeping you occupied, like mine are, hehe!

iml said...

I think I wouldn't feel comfortable touching it. It's just too real and too tiny.

tasy said...

Yes, like little angels they are! But no, I can't bear to think of destroying those cute babies, though it's food! Rather go hungry..

Stardust said...

Er...er..er...

I think I can't eat them cos they look so real and REAL vulnerable. I mean newborns are already so soft like jellies, and these, they look too easy to squish! I don't know... but my hair is standing...

Er... am I ... strange?

Constance Chan said...

yes they are so lifelike. i love the little yawning baby! but i wouldn't want to eat them either.. i'd feel like such a cannibal.

Yan said...

No, no, no, for me. Share the same feelings as Bkworm!