Sunday, May 25, 2008

Would you shave your head for a good cause?

Honestly, would you? I have thought about it many times, but I am just too chicken (maybe its vanity) to do it.

I know of one brave young lady that would do it. She is none other than Shelly. If you would donate $20 to the Children's cancer foundation, she would shave her head bald. It is not that I want to see her bald. Its not a dare of some sort. I salute her for her concern and care for the children who are ill, that she is willing to sacrifice her beautiful locks for an extremely good cause. So, since I am not willing to do it, I thought that I can do my bit by helping her get more donations before she goes bald. So, please, please, please donate if you can afford it.

I asked my son N last week if he would do it. But he said "No". I have tried to reason with him to do it, coz of what difference is it to a small boy with hair that grows sooooo fast, that I have to bring him to the hairdressers every 5 weeks! Also, an added bonus for him would be that he will not get into trouble with the discipline master for sure. I guess if someone in the family leads by example he may do it. Hmmmm, must try to convince hubby to do it, dont you think?

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Thanks for the link!

Aiya, I also vain. But hair will grow back lah. :p

Just look a bit ugly for a few months lor. As many have told me, the hot weather probably will make me feel glad to lop off my locks! Hur hur.

Stardust said...

Hmm... I think I can't. Honestly.

bp said...

Kudos to Shelly, that's a great cause for going bald!

Like N, my boys also have their own ideas of how they'd like to "wear" their hair... vain lah, like... not me!
Hehe!

tasy said...

Yikes! I can't make myself do it too! *sorry*