Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mind over matter

What do you do when you are speeding along the highway when you feel an itch on your right foot (the one on the pedal) and it feels like as though some ants are biting you there? And its not any ordinary itch, but the mother of all itches that needs to be scratched immediately! And you just cant stop to scratch that itch, coz you are in the fast lane, and there is no way you can get that foot off the pedal and your hand to it.

Man! That happened to me this morning, and I was in agony.

So I decided to focus on the itch disappearing, and willed it away: "Go itch go, ... no! it's not itchy anymore, away with that itch, DISAPPEAR! Move man, itch, move to someone else's foot, GO! Not itchy, not itchy anymore" I told myself

And hey presto, it wasn't so itchy anymore, until I reached the traffic lights where I scratched it to death before the lights turned again. And that was the only time I didnt want the lights in my favour!

And you know, it wasnt ant or insect bites, it was ... nothing. It was just my foot wanting to be scratched at the wrong time! Couldnt it have chosen another time?

7 comments:

iml said...

'hehehe....'

ilene said...

Strange as it may be, that happened to me too and I just had to tolerate and suffer in the interim period. The feeling is similar to that when you have the urge to poo or pee and there's no way of finding a loo in the next 5-10 minutes! hahaha....

Stardust said...

Hehehe...

Thank God it's Fri! :D

doc said...

this is the exact situation the cruise control button was invented!

stay-at-home mum said...

Doc - unfortunately my car doesn't have the auto cruise button :(

bp said...

Hehe, n I'm here also to join u in going TGIF! Can I also will the messes to go away? ;D But I am not springcleaning, as it is too exhausted to go over abovesaid messes, I am not springcleaning!

Jo said...

hahahahahaha! You are so funny!! But you know what? I can certainly, MOST definitely relate! Wuahahaha!