I love to entertain guests at home. I dont have to worry about getting someone to watch the kids, and being on "home-ground" has it advantages.
But I am one of those "worriers". Every time before the event, I will worry endlessly about any and every thing:
- aiyo!! the place is so messy. These guests will think that we are pigs. How come we can never seem to clear the mess!!
- will they be able to find their way to my place??
- parking - how are? Not enough space in my driveway sometimes!!
- what if the guests arrive late?? The food will be cold, and not nice!
- what if the food doesnt suit the guests??
- what if they think the food doesnt match??
- what if there is not enough food. Guess what? There will always be so much left overs as a result, and we can feed an army with the left overs.
- what if it rains?? - especially if we plan for it to be an alfresco event!!
- what if they bring ill-behaving kids and run the place over?? Or their kids may get bored. Will I have things to entertain their kids with??
Guess what? At the end of it, all that worry was usually unneccesary! Everything goes on as planned. Everything goes relatively smoothly. Even if there are hiccups - people just live with it, and we make do.
At the end of the day, it's usually the company and food that matters.
I am no Martha Stewart, so, no matter what, I still worry before the event.