With the CNY coming to a close in a couple of days, here's my take on what CNY really is:
- a time to really clean up the house and hide our mess so others can come see how well we managed to hide that mess,
- a good excuse to go out and get new clothes, a new hair do, and pamper ourselves with a manicure, pedicure and facial.
- a time to test our patience, esp when we go queue for that super-famous bak-kwa or nian gao,
- a chance for us to show off our cooking and baking skills,
- a time of transfer of wealth between parent and child,
- a good excuse to over eat,
- a time to meet up with relatives many of whom we only see once a year,
- and of course, a couple of paid rest days to spend with the kids.
What's does CNY mean to you??