Sunday, January 10, 2010

The road warrior!

The children have been back in school for a week already, so the road warrior is on the roads again!

Yes, it tough getting back to this grueling schedule of ferrying the kids, all three in three different schools with different timings for dismissal. But I will get used to the schedule soon .... after that long break of 6 weeks.

I have always thot driving on Singapore roads was really stressful. But after that trip to Paris I have changed my mind. Driving in Singapore is really not that stressful - really!!

Over there, I just couldnt believe me eyes. Drivers were going every which way they chose, and the traffic jams were HORRIFIC!! For our personal safety, we made sure that we always looked both ways twice before crossing the road, even if it was a one way street! And then there were the cyclists to watch out for, and the "land mines" (dog poo, la!) too.

Even my daughter agreed after she came back that traffic in singapore wasnt that bad after all.

4 comments:

iml said...

Same over here. It's back to work.

Jo said...

haha.. Well, coming from KL roads, I knew that already, that S'pore roads are mild! And yes, I am a road warrior too! We should be accorded a medal or something, you know. Hehehe! Have a great week ahead! :)

Stardust said...

Oh yes yes yes, Paris is bad, I had chills from watching drivers, hahaha! SG has such blessed roads, it's the drivers who take the facilities for granted actually...

Good job mom, must be hard dropping off and picking up the kids with 3x2 splits.

NomadicMom said...

Sorry ah..... But how can driving in Singapore be dreadful or stressful?? I think Singapore drivers all usually very law abiding when in Singapore one. think only stressful for impatient drivers like me who have to follow behind those cars that are soooooo law abiding! Hahaha
u should try driving in Jakarta!