Just had the Labour Day long weekend here. Thot it was the best time for the kids to hit the books, especially with the exams starting this week.
But you know, kids cant stay at their books for very long. Every so often, they will say that they are bored or they had finished studying , which I am very sure they had NOT!!
So for R&R we baked cookies!! Milo cookies, the recipe coutesy of my friend R.
And they decided that they had to add M&Ms to the cookies to make it more delicious!!
Ingredients: 125g butter
125g brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
215g self-raising flour,sifted)
125g Milo,sifted )-----> after sifting these 2 together in a bowl,
stir them to get it well- mixed before folding-in
Method : 1) Preheat oven to 180degC.
2) Beat butter, sugars until creamy.
3) Then beat in egg n vanilla essence.
4) Then fold in sifted flour and Milo .
5) Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls,onto greased baking tray.
You may flatten with a moistened fork, if you wish. Then add any other goodies like M&Ms , if you like.
6) Bake in oven for 12mins to 15 mins until light golden .
I must say, the cookies proved to be a good snack for them in between their studies!!