Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

.
Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, is a harvest festival. Traditionally, it's a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. ... Today, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Thanksgiving dinner is held on this day, usually as a gathering of family members. (Source: Wikipedia)



Having lived in the US previously, Thanksgiving is a day which I now look forward to celebrating. In the US it is celebrated today!! It reminds me to give thanks for all my wonderful blessings:

- the good health my family enjoys,

- the job my husband has, - that puts food on the table, that pays the bills, that allows us all a little luxury when we want it, that still allows me to be home full time with the children - (too many of his friends have been retrenched).

- my children!! The joy and laughter (and sometimes heartache) that they give me. And this year especially ~ the good grade which my oldest got in her exams,

- the good friends that I have made: from school, work and blogging, AND

- a kind, generous and loving husband!!
:)


And special greetings go out on this day to my good friend - BP
- who celebrates her birthday today! May she be filled with God's generous blessings today and always!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
.

6 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

hopping over to bp's blog to say Happy Birthday!

you all have a great time in Japan ok? :)

iml said...

And my thanks in having great blogfriends like you.

Stardust said...

Yo! Good thing I've dropped in. Happy Thanksgiving dear.

Dropping by BP's place... tiptoe...

Yan said...

Yes, indeed, many things to be thankful for!

Today, I just want to thank you for the blog-friendship which I have enjoyed much!

So happy for you for the good grade of the eldest in her exam!

~Ling~ said...

Yesh! I am thankful and blessed to have a blogger friend like you too. =)

On days when I am about to go into my "-ve" mood, I will start to count my blessings...1,2,3...I am truly blessed! =)

Luv Jade

bp said...

Aw, SAHM, much thanks for your well-wishes, I am so blessed to have you as my very dear friend!!!

*bp hugs SAHM, and extends pinkie for BBFF handshake*

Only just got a chance to pop by your blog, and my own's been dormant for awhile now... just been so caught up with everyday stuff and the baby. I really could use your reminder to give thanks all year round, and especially for the things we tend to take for granted.

You have a beautiful family, SAHM, and they are so blessed to have you! May God's wonderful blessings be with you all over and above what you can imagine!