Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, is a harvest festival. Traditionally, it's a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. ... Today, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Thanksgiving dinner is held on this day, usually as a gathering of family members. (Source: Wikipedia)
Having lived in the US previously, Thanksgiving is a day which I now look forward to celebrating. In the US it is celebrated today!! It reminds me to give thanks for all my wonderful blessings:
- the good health my family enjoys,
- the job my husband has, - that puts food on the table, that pays the bills, that allows us all a little luxury when we want it, that still allows me to be home full time with the children - (too many of his friends have been retrenched).
- my children!! The joy and laughter (and sometimes heartache) that they give me. And this year especially ~ the good grade which my oldest got in her exams,
- the good friends that I have made: from school, work and blogging, AND
- a kind, generous and loving husband!!
And special greetings go out on this day to my good friend - BP
- who celebrates her birthday today! May she be filled with God's generous blessings today and always!