Monday, August 22, 2011

Waiting, waiting ...

Do you realise that we are waiting all the time.

We have to wait for almost everything.

Waiting for the traffic lights to change,
Waiting for a parking lot,
Waiting for the dough to rise before we can put it into the oven to bake.
Waiting for a table at the food centre at lunch hour,
Waiting at the doctors for your turn.

Recently I have noticed my kids tell , or rather constantly remind me that: Patience is a virtue.
Yes, I know that.

But I may be waiting more than many of you coz I spend quite a lot of time:

Waiting for my kids to get ready to send them to school,
Waiting for them at dismissal
Waiting for their enrichment / tuition / piano classes to end to bring them home,
Waiting for them to finish eating,
And this week, waiting for their exams to end so that I can breathe easier.

Is it any wonder that I have become more impatient considering all that waiting I have been doing?? Altogether now: Ommmmm ... to help me be more patient.

2 comments:

Stardust said...

God, teach me how to be patient, QUICK!

You breathing easier already?

Jo said...

the waiting game.. I've blogged about this before too. :)