Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Exercise and weight loss

I have been trying to lose some pounds for some time now.

Walking, swimming, and watching my diet.

But none of it seemed to worked. Unless you consider losing half a kilo after 4 months.

A friend commented that that kind of difference was more like the result of a bowel movement :P

Even with the fitbit and walking 10,000 steps a day, The needle on the weighing scales hardly budged.

Someone commented that she expected me to have put on some weight after the year-end vacation and was surprised that I didnt.

Well, I'm glad that I the pounds didnt pile on despite the festive feastings, and year-end vacation. So maybe that in itself is an achievement.

Funnily, I lost 2 kg over the last two weeks and I didnt do a thing. I missed my morning walks, I didnt swim  nor do my taichi. And I ate as usual.

It's STRESS, I tell you. That's the way I lose weight. I only need something to worry me, upset me, and the pounds just shed! It's the weight carried by this brain of mine that works it for me.

Others, put on weight when stressed, but for me it has the opposite effect.

Not something to rejoice over though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you're definitely right, stress can really help in loosing weight..