Monday, January 5, 2015

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015

Another year done and dusted.

Practically everyone I knew who was living overseas came by to Singapore last year.

It all started early in the year with my old school-mate who lives in the Isle of Man, then another classmate who migrated to Sydney was back here for Chinese New Year.

This was followed by a former colleague who lives in London, and was back to celebrate her 50th birthday.

2014 was also the year I met up with a number of blogger friends from Malaysia, Perth and Australia. And my BBFF (Best Blogger Friend Forever) too came back from Spokane for a couple of days to attend to family matters and I was blessed to have been able to meet up with her, despite her very busy schedule.

We also spent copious amounts of time with our local friends over good food and wine.

Last year my oldest completed her A levels.

On the medical front, my littlest started her long term treatment to strengthen her bones. We havent seen much progress despite one year of medical infusions but are praying for the best. On the parental front, both parents and parent-in-laws took turns with their medical ailments which kept me busy with medical appointments. 2014 was also the year I almost lost an organ due to a misdiagnosis!! Thank God, I didnt.

What will 2015 hold for me?

The man of the house will be launching his fund in a couple of days - so wishing him and his partner the best!

My oldest will be venturing overseas to further her studies, but that will be sometime in September.

My son will be doing his O levels, so I guess it will be a year of stress plus lots of nagging.

My youngest will still be continuing her long term medical treatment.

And on the personal front, I am moving to a teaching position in church, away from the administrative work I have been doing for the last 3 years. (I wonder if my Killer look is still effective to keep disruptive children in their place?)

And I am  also praying for everyone to be blessed with good health!!

And hopefully 2015 will have lots of good food and meet-ups too!!

In summary, 2014 will be remembered as the year of Meet-Ups and Good Food for me. What was it for you?

No comments: