Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Friendly Gecko

I always thought lizards were afraid of people.

But there is one in my home that seems to think it's our pet.

It gravitates towards humans.

It comes out when we turn the lights on.

Last evening it tried to jump onto my lap.

I am generally not afraid of them ....

... if they keep their distance.

This one was too friendly for my liking.

So I screamed.

So did the little one.

Our knight in shining amour didn't come to our rescue.

He was glued to the computer, downstairs, despite all that screaming (and excitement?) upstairs.

Awhile later, on his way upstairs, when the rest of us were cool and collected downstairs he said:

If I scream, please come to my rescue!!

:P

2 comments:

bp said...

Hahaha! Thanks for the laughs always! I just saw this and feel the connection to you, hadn't known you wrote about screaming but Jinx!l did, too!

stay-at-home mum said...

haha BP. Lets hope these geckos dont get too friendly!!