... or so we have been told.
However, much as I would like to believe it's just a number, and I feel young at heart, I can feel the effects of my age catching up with me!!
I am quite sure I am not imagining it but:
* I am a little deaf now. Sometimes I find that I really have to concentrate to hear. Must be the result of all that shouting at the kids!
* I can feel my bones aching more often. It isnt exercise induced I am quite sure. I can just pull a muscle for no reason at all or a bad sleeping position.
* I feel tired all the time! Ok maybe not all the time, but a lot more than previously!
* My eyesight has really deteriorated. I even have difficulty reading with my progressive glasses!! OK, new spectacles may be required sooner than I think, but I just changed them in September last year!! Also I find that it is really a strain for me to drive at night. Come to think of it, early in the morning as well.
* Insomnia has crept in. I wake really early, never mind the time I go to bed.
So is age just a number and irrelevant?
No! especially if you are a bottle of wine!!